From exploring the brain-gut connection, assessing your brain, dietary concerns, and the use of supplements, to the impact on thinking, motivation, stress and anxiety, this course is tailored for counselors and coaches in helping their clients live more balanced and fulfilling lives. Renowned brain expert, Dr. Daniel Amen and his wife Tana, along with Dr. Paris Kidd, share their years of neuroscience research and expertise on understanding the brain and how proper care can lead to significant improvements in a person’s quality of life.
- BWW 101: Assess Your BrainA healthy brain is the key to a healthy life. This presentation will provide a foundation for identifying brain types and understanding the root of the health crisis in America.
- BWW 102: Know Your MotivationIn order for change to occur, people need to know what motivates them and find a way to incorporate motivation into their action plan. This presentation goes over different ways to identify your motivation and explains several tools to help discover your goals and ideal outcomes.
- BWW 103: Eat Right to Think RightIn order to understand why it is so important to properly nourish your body, it is beneficial to know the problems with many of the western diet food staples. This presentation goes over twelve important principles for brain healthy nutrition, providing detailed information about what foods to avoid and what foods to pursue.
- BWW 104: The Brain Gut ConnectionThe gut is a “second brain.” Keeping the gut healthy is a critical part of keeping the brain healthy. This presentation describes the different types of organisms that live in the gut and keep the body healthy.
- BWW 105: Boost Your BrainBrains run the world! This presentation describes foods, environmental factors, and substances that should be avoided, ways to foster brain envy, and how to build brain healthy habits.
- BWW 106: Train Your BrainTraining your brain involves both mental and physical exercise. Just like any other muscle, the brain must be exercised in order to remain strong. In this presentation, the Amens will provide guidelines and suggestions for ways to stimulate your brain mentally through targeted brain training and strengthen your body physically in realistic and fun ways.
- BWW 107: Killing the ANTsAutomatic Negative Thoughts, or ANTs, can pollute the mind and impede healing and health. Everyone has negative thoughts, but what can you do when they invade your brain? In this presentation, Dr. Amen describes the different types of negative thoughts and provides strategies to help challenge and turn the thoughts around.
- BWW 108: Soothing Your StressStress is a common problem in many people’s lives, yet there are many ways to help combat stress and promote a relaxed state. Stress relief does not have to come from pills in a bottle. In this presentation, Daniel and Tana Amen discuss different skills and techniques that people can use to relax and remove stress from their lives.
- BWW 109: Brain Healthy SupplementsThere are multiple ways to optimize brain health, but few as simple and effective as taking the proper nutritional supplements. In this presentation, Dr. Daniel Amen and Dr. Parris Kidd discuss the benefits of nutritional supplements on brain health.
- BWW 110: Overcoming BarriorsThere are numerous obstacles that will come up to prevent people from success, but with accountability and motivation, it is possible to overcome all the barriers and create a brand new healthy lifestyle. This presentation will discuss ways to help people succeed against all odds, get families involved, and create a sustainable lifestyle that reflects brain healthy habits.
- BWW 111: Getting Better TogetherIn this presentation, the Amens discuss The Daniel Plan, a book that Dr. Amen co-wrote with Pastor Rick Warren. The Daniel Plan is not a new diet; it is a lifestyle change.
- BWW 112: Practical Tips, FAQs, and ShortcutsIn this final session, the Amens dialogue about different tips, tricks, and suggestions that can help people succeed. They also address a number of questions and concerns that are common when people start out on this program. Any lifestyle change takes discipline, but this is a lifestyle change that you can’t afford to ignore!